Why Bike Fit?
Are you sitting comfortably?
It is likely that currently you are – but what about when you are on your bike?
For some reason there is a general thinking that cycling should not be a ‘comfortable’ activity. This is just wrong!
There should never be a time that you are in pain whilst riding a bike – obviously there may be a level of discomfort from the effort that you put in, however, you should not be put in pain by the way your machine is set up.
The problem is that there are so many different adjustments, settings and levels to setting up your bike perfectly that unless you have years of experience the trial and error method can take a long long time!
That is where professional bike fitting comes in – within 2 hours you can have your bike perfectly set up to not only maximise your power output and aerodynamics (making you faster) but also balance your position perfectly so you can ride pain free for hours.
Our Fitting Method…
It is our belief that comfort, power and aerodynamics are not exclusive elements within a bike fit, in fact quite the opposite.
A really good bike fit should maximise all three of these elements so that the rider can get the most from every ride.
With that in mind, we approach every rider and every fit as an individual puzzle – it is a collaborative process.
The most important outcome of a successful fit is that YOU are happy with the result, that you can ride all day in comfort AND that you can maximise the efficiency of every pedal stroke you make.
We start with a full postural and movement assessment to find out where your level of mobility and any imbalances you may have. We then complete a dynamic fit to YOUR bike, starting with foot/pedal interface, moving to the saddle setup and finally the hand/handlebar interface.
Once we have you fully set up we then provide you with notes on all the dimensions of your fit so you can replicate it on any other bikes.
If you go away and decide that the the fit is not exactly perfect we will complete any adjustments in a follow up session free of charge.
Why Choose Us?
- 25 years experience building, working on and setting up bikes, we have seen the good the bad and the ugly of bike setup
- 15 years experience in biomechanics, sports massage and injury rehabilitation, we know how the human body works and can use that to help you function optimally
- We understand that the fit needs to make the bike comfortable for YOU rather than force you to adapt to the bike
- Unlimited tweaks to get things ‘just right’ for you
- The personal touch, Michael is a bike obsessive, it is vital to him that you are able to enjoy your cycling as much as he does – and has done for 25 years!